World Sight Day 2012 marked the official handover of a new optometry training centre to the Malawi School of Optometry, made possible through the generosity of Canadian optometrist, Dr. Allan Jones and the eye care charity, Canadian Vision Care. In the lead up to the ceremony, Dr. Jones spent some time at a mobile eye clinic with the students and faculty of the School of Optometry.
The School of Optometry program in Malawi is a project of the Brien Holden Vision Institute, which is implemented in conjunction with Mzuzu University, Malawi Ministry of Health, Malawi College of Health Sciences, Sightsavers International and Optometry Giving Sight.
Optometry Giving Sight would like to acknolwedge the fantastic work of Cielo Pictures in producing this video.
- President Joyce Banda on Al-Jazeera talk show South 2 North
- Malawi: 4 thieves burned to ashes in a week; IMF reforms?
- Giving women in Malawi financial freedom through village savings
- Sanctions against Zimbabwe must GO: President Joyce Banda
- Kenya Airways to start a new dedicated route between Lilongwe and Lusaka